IN THIS ISSUE:
RV Resorts on the Water
Boats to Go
RV Resorts On The Water
is the time to start the engine and head to an RV Resort on the beach
or overlooking a body of water. It could be the ocean, a lake, a
large pond, or even a river. Something about the summertime and the sun
glistening off the water, the call of the loon…it is so relaxing.
sounds so simple, but there are very few resorts that actually have RV
sites on the beach, riverfront, lakeside or even with a view of the
water. Yes, there are many that have “beach,” “lake,” or “river” in
their names but are actually far from the water.
here are a few new ones I have not mentioned in early eZines. These
resorts all have waterfront or water view sites. They have great
amenities and expensive rates, but it is only for the weekend, or the
week, right? We should live a little, tomorrow comes too soon!
True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.
• Palms River Resort, Needles
• Pirate Cove Resort, Needles
• Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort & Marina, Newport Beach
• Pismo Sands RV Park, Oceano
• Campland on the Bay, San Diego.
• Carrabelle Beach RV Resort, Carrabelle Beach
• Beverly Beach Camptown RV Resort, Flagler Beach
• Red Coconut RV Park, Fort Myers Beach right on the beachfront
• Beach Resort at Turtle Rock, Gold Beach
• Otter Lake Camp-Resort, Stroudsburg
• Pine Mountain RV Park, Pigeon Forge
• Columbia Riverfront RV Park, Woodland
Find out if the RV lifestyle is right for you. If you have questions, "The RV Lifestyle: A Dream Come True" is an ebook that contains the answers.
– Buying That Dream RV - Things to Consider
– Equipping an RV and Tips on Maintenance
– Managing Power, AC and DC
– Emergency Road Service
– Towing Your Auto
– Planning Trips - How To Get The Most For Your Money
– Boondocking (Primitive Parking)
– Earning an Income on the Road
– Staying In Touch with Family and Friends
Included in the Summer Sale this month at Amazon. Regular $3.99 NOW $2.99.
Sale ends September 1, 2015.
Boats to Go
we are going to the water, why not get out on the water too. Here are
some boats that travel easily inside a compartment or the back of the
What make this inflatable sailboat so unique, is that it is absolutely
frameless, yet rigid enough for sailing. There are no aluminum frames to
complicate assembly, no large and bulky hard parts. Simply unroll,
inflate and insert sail mast. For details, click here.
If you want some ocean action, here is the inflatable kayak for you, click here.
This is more my style, an 18’ inflatable motorboat with a canopy. For more information, click here.
"Conquer the Road: RV Maintenance for Travelers"
covers maintenance of all the basic systems: air conditioning, awning,
generator, hot water heater, hydraulic levelers, inverter/converter,
roof, sewer, tires, and much more. Driving and weight balance tips are
“Healthcare and the RV Lifestyle” is designed to present the important elements required for a safe and healthy interface with the healthcare industry:
– Healthcare and Life Before 65
– Fighting the Medical Syndrome
– Dealing with the Healthcare Industry, Get Help Paying Costs
– Staying Organized, Medical Records, Caregiver Credit
– Medicare Part A, B, C, D, MSA, Therapy Management, Medigap
– Retiree Insurance
– Dental Implants - What to Expect
– What Female Issues are covered
– Glossary of Medical Terminology
Both eBooks are included in the Summer Sale this month at Amazon.
Regular $7.99/5.99 NOW $2.99. Sale ends September 1, 2015.
Solar Powered RV Sites
The first-of-its-kind PowerParasol will
shade more than an acre of the Tucson/Lazydays KOA Holiday Campground
in Arizona, including two architectural, 30-foot high structures that
give visitors room to park RVs in 30 campsites.
parasol’s patented design creates dappled light, allowing plants and
the campground’s famous fruit trees to thrive and families to camp,
gather and barbeque under the structures. The unit’s height and unique
design preserve views of the mountains and desert landscape and creates
an open, airy space.
For the rest of the story, click HERE.
WANT TO SEE MORE ARTICLES LIKE THIS ONE?
See Margo’s blog, MovingOnWithMargo.com, for more tips, tools, and strategies to help you explore the RV lifestyle and get started. Her website, RVLifestyleExperts.com, has articles on all phases of the RV lifestyle. Start with "Road Map to RVing".
for emergencies, camping or wherever you need power, this handy solar
generator by Goal Zero is a plug-and-play, silent and fume-free device.
This generator is a gas-free source of portable power to keep lights, phones and laptops powered on through any situation.
Be prepared for anything with this useful tool. The Goal Zero is an AGM battery with 3 ways to charge it:
The Sun: The Goal Zero Yeti 150 can be charged by connecting a compatible solar panel.
Wall: The Goal Zero Yeti 150 can be charged by being plugged into a regular wall outlet.
Car: The Goal Zero Yeti 150 can also be charged by plugging into your car 12V adapter.
For details, click HERE.
1. If you took a small boat 50 miles west of Haiti, what tiny place would you find?
a. Goat Island
b. Key West
Hint: Few have heard of this “lost island.”
2. Name the world’s second largest lake.
Hint: This lake has a shoreline in the United States and a shoreline in Canada.
3. Name the river that runs from Otsego Lake to Chesapeake Bay in Maryland.
Hint: Otsego Lake is in Cooperstown, New York
4. Name the place that recorded the highest temperature to date—134 degrees F—in the United States.
a. Seymour, Texas
b. Volcano Springs, Calif.
c. Death Valley, Calif.
Hint: This spot also boasts the lowest point in the Americas.
5. At 412 billion gallons, this reservoir is the largest man-made reservoir in the world that is devoted solely to water supply.
a. Quabbin in Massachusetts
b. Lake Mead in Nevada and Arizona
c. Lake Shasta in California
HInt: The towns of Dana, Enfield, Greenwich, and Prescott were
evacuated and submerged as part of the process to establish this
6. Name the state that has the most national forests.
Hint: Tahoe National Forest is one of 20 national forests in this state.
7. Name the five states that are part of the Ring of Fire.
a. Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona
b. Oregon, Washington, California, Alaska, Hawaii
c. Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida
Hint: The Ring of Fire is the linear zone of seismic and volcanic
activity that coincides in general with the margins of the Pacific
1. Navassa. Columbus managed to find the
American territory of Navassa in 1507, but today the 2-square-mile
island remains virtually invisible to tourists and cruise ships that
swarm the Caribbean.
Superior, the largest, highest, and deepest of the Great Lakes, is also
the world’s largest freshwater lake.
In 1872, the normally quite shallow 444-mi long Susquehanna—swollen by
the rains brought by Hurricane Agnes—flooded, causing one of the
greatest flood disasters in U.S.
4. Death Valley, Calif. Death Valley’s high temperature of July 10, 1913, is bested only by the 136 degrees F recorded in El Azizia, Libya.
Quabbin in Massachusetts. Two huge earthen dams were built in the
1930s, using the Swift River and, seasonally, the Ware River, to create
Quabbin reservoir, which is 39 square miles and has 181 miles of
6. California. Our third largest state, California, boasts the most national forests.
Oregon, Washington, California, Alaska, Hawaii. The states of the
western seaboard, including Alaska and Hawaii, are the North American
players in the Ring of Fire.
Contact Margo @ TheMaxwellGroup.net
RV Lifestyles eZine: Part I comes out on or about the 10th of the month. Part II comes
out around the 25th. Please add rvlifestyleezine @ TheMaxwellGroup to
your address book so your newsletter is not flagged as SPAM.